Prediction Fotball: Tottenham vs Sheffield United, Captain Kane
- Title : Prediction Fotball: Tottenham vs Sheffield United, Captain Kane
Spurs are only left with the Premier League and can focus on this match: Sheffield were a bit lucky to beat Brighton last week-end while Tottenham played a respectable match against City in the EFL Cup final. I expect them to win in order to close the gap for European qualification.
After 6 defeats in a row finally Sheffield Utd -currently 20th and hopeless to avoid relegation- got a win beating the 16th Brighton in a match full of nothing except the only goal. Spurs has not been consistent along this tournament but still can catch the Euro League place so will not let this 3 easy points pass.
Tottenham - Sheffield United. One team is playing for the Champions League, the other is already ready for relegation and can start preparing for a season in The Championship. It is no secret that Tottenham did not impress during the season, which also led to Mourinho leaving the job. Ryan Mason came in instead, and if there is something a newly appointed coach can contribute, it is a positive injection. I think the team is firmly convinced of reaching the top 4 in the league and then there is no room for anything other than three points against the table runner-up.
When the teams met earlier in the season, Spurs won 3-1. I believe in similar numbers here where the difference in motivation and player quality becomes clear. Ryan Mason in instead of Mourinho I think was the best thing that could happen to Spurs in this situation and expects three new points for the London club and Harry Kane to score on Sunday.
- Tottenham have won 6 of their last 7 home matches
- Tottenham’s Harry Kane has scored 7 goals in his last 7 matches for club and country
- Tottenham’s Harry Kane has scored in his last 2 matches against Sheffield United
- Tottenham have won 4 of their last 6 home matches against Sheffield United
- Sheffield United have lost 6 of their last 7 matches
- Sheffield United have lost their last 7 away matches
- Sheffield United have lost to nil in 8 of their last 11 matches
|Prediction||Tottenham Win and Harry Kane to score|
|Start Time||20:15 : 02-May-21|