Predictions fotball: Chelsea - FC Porto, Champions Leauge
- Title : Predictions fotball: Chelsea - FC Porto, Champions Leauge
After a comfortable 1st leg win Chelsea are set for a 2nd leg home game and i don't expect them to take chances here. Porto will be deprived of four major players. they will present a weaker team than the one they presented in their first match . I will go for a Chelsea win.
Chelsea are favourites in winning this match ,since they got depth squad and all players are fit so it will be an easy game for them to win to proceed in the next stage
Just like the first quarter-final meeting between Chelsea and Porto, the return is also played at Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan in Seville, Spain. Chelsea were completely superior in the first meeting. They held the ball, with a clear 61 percent of possession. The only criticism of Chelsea is the number of finishes on goal but they were better in every way. Still, it offers a really good odds that they will win again, just because they do not "have to". I'm not buying it.
We all know what Stuart Baxter has to say about this tournament. By that he meant that the Champions League is in all seriousness and the world's most prestigious tournament. Totally agree. It also means, especially in a playoff, that all matches are taken very seriously. Chelsea won the first match 2-0 and can qualify further on an odd goal loss. But it is far from the plan, which is to win back the match and show the competitors that Chelsea is a real threat to all opponents.
When it comes to Porto, I think they are several classes worse. It is strong of them to beat Juventus in the playoffs, after a brilliant effort at home, but for every match they face tougher opponents in the tournament and then the difference in quality is visible. In the league, Porto continue to win against teams that are worse than Chelsea juniors, so this can be taken with a very small pinch of salt as the opposition differs so much. Porto will have to attack to have a chance to net and Chelsea will counterattack.
My bet will be that Chelsea wins the match.
- Chelsea have won 7 of their last 8 matches (UEFA Champions League).
- Chelsea have won to nil in 4 of their last 5 matches (UEFA Champions League).
- Chelsea have kept 13 clean sheets in their last 17 matches (all competitions).
- Chelsea have won 2-0 in 3 of their last 4 home matches (all competitions).
- Chelsea have won 5 of their last 6 matches against Porto (UEFA Champions League).
- Chelsea have won to nil in 4 of their last 5 matches against Porto (UEFA Champions League).
- Porto have lost their last 2 matches (UEFA Champions League).
|Start Time||21:00 : 13-Apr-21|